During the first half of 2012, global offshore market continued last year's posture, as the mobile drilling platform, floating production platform and marine engineering ship market performed more active. The extremely depressed regular ship market were in sharp contrast. In 2011 and the first half of 2012, new offshore orders, on the whole exceeded the highest level of the orders before the international financial crisis in year 2005~2008. According to incomplete statistics, in the first half of 2012, the contract amount of global offshore orders in all types came to 28 billion USD, having reached 55% of whole turnover last year. Herewith classified as the following:
1. Orders mainly concentrated in a few countries and shipyards.
2. The strong oil demand and price is the key reason.
3. Drilling platform market still active.
4. Production platform market achieves the historical highest level.
5. Offshore market maintains normal status in recent years.
6. Long term prosperity will bring more opportunities to the Chinese shipyards.